FC “Titograd” was formed as FC “Mladost”, changing its name along with the name of its native city – Titograd. In 1991 the club was once again known as FC “Mladost”, but in spring 2018, out of respect to the older generations and the tradition of Podgorica, the team was renamed once again, carrying the proud name of the golden boys of Podgorica, “Titograd”. Until 2008 and moving to the new stadium, “Titograd” was the only club from Old Podgorica Town.
From 1959 to 1968 the team played only in Montenegrin Republic League, but then carried on to play four consecutive seasons in Yugoslav Second League. During the Yugoslavia era, the team won 12 titles of Montenegrin Republic League, which is the best score of any team in that competition. At the same time, they won five Montenegrin Republic Cups, and played in the Yugoslav Cup.
Following the independence of Montenegro, Montenegro’s best clubs joined the newly formed Montenegrin First League, “Titograd” included. The most significant result in the club’s history occurred at this very period, during the season 2015/2016 of the Montenegrin First League, gaining the prestigious title of Montenegrin champion, very first in their history. To this day, “Titograd” has won three national trophies. In the season 2012/2013 the club gained historical promotion to UEFA European competitions. In summer 2016 “Titograd” played their first season in the UEFA Champions League.